BUILDERS WARRANTY &
Platinum Homes is serious about your investment. Which is why all our homes come with an Independent Builders Warranty plus a Construction Works Policy to give you complete peace of mind. The Builders Warranty is issued by Stamford Insurance and underwritten by one of the most famous names in the insurance industry - Lloyds of London. This Warranty is completely independent of Platinum Homes.
KEY BENEFITS OF THE BUILDERS WARRANTY >
- Defects Insurance Period: 2 Years: For 2 years from the date of completion the builder is responsible for rectifying defects in the property. If the builder fails to remedy defects in the home for which they are responsible, the Builders Warranty will pay another builder to carry out the works.
- Structural Insurance Period: 8 Years: For a further 8 years from the end of the defect insurance period, the Builders Warranty will pay to rectify major structural defects in the property, including weather-tightness issues.
- Index Linked Cover: Your Builders Warranty is based on the full contract price and will be linked to the Building Price Index to ensure that your cover keeps pace with inflation.
Extensions Included: Your Builders Warranty also includes:
- Cost of alternative accommodation if the resident is required to move out during repairs
- Professional fees (5%)
Removal of debris (5%)
- The assurance of independent third party cover: The Builders Warranty is an independently insured Warranty underwritten by risk and surety experts—and not by members within the building trade.
- Transferability: The Builders Warranty stays with the home—and not the owner. In the event you sell your home the Builders Warranty is transferable to the new owner.
In addition to the Builders Warranty, a Construction Works Policy (underwritten by NZI) will provide cover for accidental loss at the site during the construction period.
If you have any questions about the Builders Warranty and/or the Construction Works Policy—please ask your Platinum Homes Consultant. We’re here to help.