HOME – GUARANTEED
Platinum Homes is serious about your investment. Which is why all our homes come with a Homefirst Builders Guarantee plus a Construction Works Policy to give you complete peace of mind. The Homefirst Builders Guarantee is issued by Builtin NZ Ltd (underwritten by licensed insurer CBL) and is completely independent of Platinum Homes. CBL are New Zealand’s largest and longest-established specialist bonding, financial risk and surety company and currently hold guarantee over more than $2.5bn of residential property.
KEY BENEFITS OF THE HOMEFIRST BUILDERS GUARANTEE
- Deposit protection: Protects against loss of deposit before work is started on your new home.
- Completion guarantee: Protects against non-completion of your new home — at the price you agreed. Any additional costs for completion will be covered (up to a value of 20% of the contract price – or – $500,000, whichever is the lesser).
- Post-completion Guarantee: Provides up to $1,000,000 cover for your home for defects, including weather tightness, plus the cost of remedying any damage to the works resulting from the defect for 10 years. This cover includes up to 26 weeks alternative accommodation for defects claims.
- The assurance of independent third party cover: The Homefirst Builders Guarantee is an independently insured guarantee underwritten by risk and surety experts — and not by members within the building trade.
- Transferability: The Homefirst Builders Guarantee stays with the home — and not the owner. In the event you sell your home the Homefirst Builders Guarantee is transferable to the new owner.
In addition to the Homefirst Builders Guarantee, a Construction Works Policy (underwritten by NZI) will provide cover for accidental loss at the site during the construction period.
If you have any questions about the Homefirst Builders Guarantee and/or the Construction Works Policy, please ask your Platinum Homes Consultant. We’re here to help.